Landscape Designer - Sacramento
OFFICE LOCATION: Sacramento
Mark Thomas is looking to add a Landscape Designer to our Landscape Architecture and Urban Design team! This is an excellent full-time opportunity for a motivated and skilled Landscape Architecture professional interested in working on a diverse list of projects while making their mark based in our Sacramento office. Qualified candidates for this position will collaborate closely with other creative design professionals on projects ranging from Southern California to the Oregon border, including: complete streets, urban streetscapes, green streets, public parks, bridges, active transportation & trail design, and community development.
You Will Be Accountable for:
- Involvement in all project phases from master planning to construction documents and construction assistance
- Creation of conceptual design drawings
- Creation of presentation graphics, 3D & Sketch up models
- Participation in community outreach programs
- Development of construction documents including plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Assistance and support to business development activities
- Engagement with clients & consultant coordination
- Degree in Landscape Architecture (LA)
- 2+ years' experience in California landscape architectural/civil/transportation consulting practices
- Experience preparing construction documents (plans, details, cost estimates, specs)
- Good graphic skills.
- California LA license not necessary but is a definite plus
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- SketchUp skills are beneficial
- Self-starter, high energy individual with the following attributes: Creative; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Team player; Ability to collaborate with professionals, support staff and clients; Ability to multi-task and succeed in a fast paced environment; a positive "can-do" attitude and willingness to learn
As a professional services provider, our strongest asset is our people – we aim to employ outstanding professionals who are passionate about their craft and our industry. We provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as opportunities to build your retirement portfolio with 401K matching and company ownership through our ESOP program.
How is Mark Thomas different? We offer a great culture with a collaborative work environment. Our goal is to enjoy the time we spend at work - we achieve this through company-sponsored competitions (Halloween costume, holiday decorating, etc.) and social events (happy hours, BBQs, and holiday parties). We also offer additional benefits to help you further your career, including reimbursement for license exams and professional organization membership.
Why Sacramento? Sacramento was recently named one of the US' top 25 big cities to live in. The region offers affordable housing, major and minor league sports teams, a vibrant and growing downtown culture, and many opportunities for cultural enrichment.
Interested individuals should submit the following:
- Resume and 3 References (min)
- Cover Letter
- 4-5 pages (max) of work samples with a description of your role in the project